About Return to Form Kinesiology & Pilates
Proudly based in Nanaimo, BC
Rachel Robertson is a Nanaimo-based Kinesiologist, certified personal trainer and Pilates instructor recognized by both the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists and the Canadian Association of Kinesiologists. She received her BA in Kinesiology, with Honours Specialization, in 2009 from the University of Western Ontario.
Rachel is a Master Instructor in CoreAlign® and boasts extensive athletic coaching experience. Her background includes coaching community-level basketball teams (NCCP L1 & L2) and six years of coaching figure skating with the Canskate curriculum.
Rachel was proud to be selected to represent Team Canada in the 2015 World Kettlebell Lifting Championships in Dublin, Ireland. Rachel is the fifth person in Canada to achieve Master of Sport, achieving hers in one-arm Long Cycle Kettlebell with the CKA.
- Honours Spec. Bachelor of Arts degree – Kinesiology, with a Minor in Food and Nutrition (2009)
- Professional Member of OKA – (starting 2009)
- Fusion Pilates Certified – Mat, Reformer, Pre/postnatal (starting 2006)
- Stott Pilates Trained – Mat, Reformer, CCB, Injuries and Special Populations (starting 2011)
- Personal Trainer Specialist – Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals (starting 2008)
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) – Level 1 and 2 Theory, Community Basketball Olympic Weightlight – Experience with coaching basketball and figure skating (since 2004)
- Emergency First Aid CPR – Level C – St. John’s (since 2000)
- Yoga Exercise Specialist Certified – East to West Yoga (starting 2010)
- C.O.R.E. Cycling Certified (starting since 2011)
- Certified Instructor in Balanced Body’s CoreAlign® (since 2013)
- Master Instructor in Balanced Body’s CoreAlign® (since 2017)
A fusion of art and science
For more than a decade, Rachel has used her extensive knowledge of human kinetics and functional anatomy to help others overcome their physical limitations. Fusing the science of kinesiology and the artistry of Pilates, she acts as the go-between for clients recovering from injuries – specializing in facilitating the transition between the physiotherapist and the return to regular work, play and physical activity.
As Rachel says, “anyone can do it” – and she’s here to make sure you can, too!